Thanks for visiting!

Tim plays baseball and Whitney follows him around. This page was created so that our friends and family can have a glimpse into our daily lives while we're on the road. Love and miss you all!

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Whoah.

I'm not sure if I've somehow managed to completely skip these verses every time I've read through Hebrews, or if they simply mean something different to me now but I thought I'd share.

When I read these verses this morning I was slightly blown away. These are in the NIV translation.

"Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. (Hebrews 4:14-16 NIV)"

I'm not a huge fan of The Message translation but for these verses, I really like it's summary of it:

"Now that we know what we have-Jesus, this great High Priest with ready access to God-let's not let it slip through our fingers. We don't have a priest who is out of touch with our reality. He's been through weakness and testing, experienced it all-all but the sin. So let's walk right up to him and get what he is so ready to give. Take the mercy, accept the help." (Hebrews 4:14-16 MSG)

What a great way to start of the day huh?? It's going to be a fantastic one!

1 comment:

  1. Nice start to my day, thanks! but why in the world were you up at 3:30 in the morning? love, mom

    ReplyDelete