Thanks for visiting!

Tim plays baseball and Whitney follows him around. This page was created so that our friends and family can have a glimpse into our daily lives while we're on the road. Love and miss you all!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Redemption


"“Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.” Romans 12:1-2

I've read this verse plenty. But I have been asking God to show me where he wants me to serve up here and when I saw the last part of this verse it hit me - I can't clearly discern his will until I offer my whole body as a spiritual act of worship.

"Then Jesus said to his disciples, 'Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.'" (Matthew 16:24 NIV)

Or try this one...

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies." (1 Corinthians 6:19, 20 NIV)

God bought me with his Son' life. He loved and cared enough for me that he sent his Son to his death and I can't hand over my struggles to him?

He has a plan and a purpose for my life and I need to offer ALL of me to him so that he can work on perfecting me to his will.

I'm not just talking about what foods I put in my mouth - though I'm convicted that's a large part of it. I'm talking about the way I handle anger when it rises up in me, the way I respond when I want to be lazy, the way I treat people I come in contact with on a daily basis. This is all part of giving my entire body as a living sacrifice.

I'll tell you... I'm 100% convinced that even when I was living my life away from Christ, he had his hand on me. After all he has done for me - finding living situations, jobs in every city, an amazing family, etc - the very least I can do is offer myself as a sacrifice. It's not easy. It takes effort and desire to give ourselves completely over to him. But I try. It's an uphill battle every day. But I know it's worth it for God to be able to complete his works in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment