Thanks for visiting!

Tim plays baseball and Whitney follows him around. This page was created so that our friends and family can have a glimpse into our daily lives while we're on the road. Love and miss you all!

Friday, July 8, 2011

Thrive in 30



So, thanks to Katie, I've been introduced to a program called Thrive in 30 and I've decided to give it a try. It's a free web-based health and wellness program that takes you through 13 studies that focus on different aspects of healthy living. Now, the guy that writes it is a vegan but he's quick to point out that you don't have to be one to follow the program. Just incorporate the studies into a lifestyle that fits your needs. Nothing I've read so far has really been anything that I didn't already know. Eat whole, natural, and nutrient-rich foods and eat as much raw as possible. What I like about it is that every couple of days you receive an email with a different goal to focus on. Small steps at a time. I consider myself a healthy eater, however, there's always room for improvement. As my husband likes to say "When you eat, it's healthy. It's how much you that could improve." And NO MOM, I don't starve myself. I eat 3 healthy meals a day. But if you know about healthy eating, you know that's not the optimum way to eat. So, I'm officially taking an active step to improve this. The reason that health is so important to me is that God tells us "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." Our bodies are His dwelling place. I think taking care of it is just as important as other commandments we're given. Anyways, I'll keep you updated on how it's going.

No comments:

Post a Comment