Thanks for visiting!

Tim plays baseball and Whitney follows him around. This page was created so that our friends and family can have a glimpse into our daily lives while we're on the road. Love and miss you all!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Help

I just got finished reading "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. If you haven't read it, I recommend that you do. I cried and laughed out loud...a lot. Anyways, the book is beautiful and has many lessons worth taking away from it but here are some of my favorite quotes:



"You is kind. You is smart. You is important."


"Wasn't that the point of the book? For women to realize, We are just two people. Not that much separates us. Not nearly as much as I'd thought."


"All I'm saying is, kindness don't have no boundaries."


"Ugly live up on the inside. Ugly be a hurtful, mean person."


"....I realized I actually had a choice in what I could believe."


"I want to yell so loud that Baby Girl can hear me that dirty ain't a color, disease ain't the Negro side a town. I want to stop that moment from coming--and it come in ever white child's life--when they start to think that colored folks ain't as good as whites."


So good.

On a completely different note, guess where I'll be August 12th.

Dum dum dumdum...


Yes. I. Will.

AndIDoNotCareWhatYouThink,

No comments:

Post a Comment