Thanks for visiting!

Tim plays baseball and Whitney follows him around. This page was created so that our friends and family can have a glimpse into our daily lives while we're on the road. Love and miss you all!

Monday, December 21, 2009

Times, they are a changin'

WHOAH. It's 4 days until I'm Mrs. Gustafson. I can't even begin to tell you how weird this is for me. Not only has my name ALWAYS been Osborne, but his last name is a tad difficult to pronounce... I tried convincing him that he should become Tim Osborne but to no avail.

For those of you who know me, you know I'm a little off-the-beaten-path. I'm not normal and I am fully aware of this fact. It might have something to do with the fact that I grew up around a bunch of boys or that I just didn't get much of the "girly gene". Who knows. For whatever reason is to blame, I've never wanted a big production of a wedding. The thought of walking painstakingly slow down an aisle with hundreds of eyes watching my every move make my stomach roll. I'm a very private person and to me, professing my undying love to someone is... well... private and intimate. I get a major case of stage fright at the thought of people listening in. So if it were up to just me? I'd go to the courthouse in a flash. Seeing as how we both have mothers who, apparently, have been waiting for this day since we were born, this idea wouldn't go over so well.

Tim and I wanted to get married before this next baseball season starts (our lives are measured in "season" and "off-season") so that I could travel with him to wherever the Braves decide to send him. To a lot of people, this idea is crazy. We're virtually homeless with no steady home-base (no pun intended) but that's ok. Our reasoning is "while we can, why not?" His grandfather is getting on up there in age and has difficulty traveling so he was already going to be home for Christmas and we figured this was a perfect time. We can throw a wedding together in 2 weeks right? Right. It'll be a small, family only wedding held at the Big Oak Girls Ranch where my parents live. We'll do all of the traditionally pre-wedding stuff (showers, parties, etc.) post-wedding in January and February so that all of our friends can celebrate with us as well.

This works fiiiiine for me. I'm not a huge wedding fan, so this keeps that part small, and I love parties (disco anyone?) so we get MULTIPLE of those afterwards without all of the focus being on me. Perfect.

My mom's doing all of the decorating (thanks Westbrook prom committee), WONDERFUL friends and family are helping out with food, and all we have to do? Show up :) Couldn't get any better.

Oh. One thing I have to do is figure out how to actually change my name...

No comments:

Post a Comment