Thanks for visiting!

Tim plays baseball and Whitney follows him around. This page was created so that our friends and family can have a glimpse into our daily lives while we're on the road. Love and miss you all!

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Devotion

I loved my baseball chapel story this morning so I thought I'd share. Taken from www.baseballchapel.org

_________________________________

“After the earthquake came a fire, but The Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.” 1 Kings 19:12

Let me share with you a story about a young man and his grandfather. The young man had recently lost his job and didn’t know which way to turn. His grandfather had always been a voice of reason in his life, so the young man got in his truck and paid him a visit.

When he pulled up in the drive, the young man found his grandfather patiently waiting for him in the rocking chair on the front porch. After getting out and exchanging pleasantries, the conversation soon turned to the young man’s job loss. Pacing about the porch, the young man ranted about his problem until finally with clenched fists he shouted, “I’ve begged God to say something to help me. Tell me grandpa, why doesn’t God answer? I don’t understand.”

His grandfather, still gently rocking in his chair, spoke something in reply - something so hushed it was indistinguishable. The young man stepped across the porch. “What did you say grandpa?” he asked. His grandfather repeated himself, but again in a tone as soft as a whisper. So the young man moved closer until he was leaning on the rocking chair. “I’m sorry for yelling,” he said, “ but I still didn’t hear you.” With their heads bent together, his grandfather spoke once more. “God sometimes whispers,” he said, “so we will move closer to hear Him.” This time the young man heard his grandfather and he understood

________________________________

I loved the word picture that this story painted. I want my head bent together with His.

Happy Jesus is Alive Day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment