Thanks for visiting!

Tim plays baseball and Whitney follows him around. This page was created so that our friends and family can have a glimpse into our daily lives while we're on the road. Love and miss you all!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Gethsemane

So, this is normally a post that I would put on my personal blog, but seeing as how baseball is the root of my problem, I'm posting it here as well. I'm also a bit scatter brained so excuse the choppy thoughts...

I've struggled lately with prayer.

With baseball, nothing is certain and loving Tim as I do, I want him to succeed every time he steps on the mound. Because of this, I pray...alot. When I say I've struggled with prayer, what I mean is how to pray, when to pray, what to pray for, etc. I don't want to have a selfish prayer, but at the same time I don't want to NOT ask God for His blessings. To say the least, I've been confused...

As I've stated in previous posts, I love Needtobreathe. I was listening to some of their music today and found a new song called "Garden". The whole song is amazing but it was the following lines that grabbed my attention:

'If tomorrow means my death, I pray you’ll save their souls with it'

This made me read the events of Gethsemane again in Matthew and found this passage in chapter 26 vs 42...

"He went away a second time and prayed, "My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done."

In Mark 14 vs 36 it's worded like this...

"'Abba', Father," he said,'everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.'"

This helps me.

Here are the words to the Needtobreathe song...

Won’t you take this cup from me
‘Cause fear has stolen all my sleep
If tomorrow means my death
I pray you’ll save their souls with it

Let the songs I sing
Bring joy to you
Let the words I say profess my love
Let the notes I choose
Be your favorite tune
Father let my heart be after you

In this hour of doubt I see
But who I am is not just me
So give me strength to die myself
So love can live to tell the tale

Let the songs I sing
Bring joy to you
Let the words I say profess my love
Let the notes I choose
Be your favorite tune
Father let my heart be after you

Father let my heart be…
For you

Let the songs I sing
Bring joy to you
Let the words I say profess my love
Let the notes I choose
Be your favorite tune
Father let my heart be after you



Anyways, again, sorry for the choppy thoughts but hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say...

No comments:

Post a Comment