Thanks for visiting!

Tim plays baseball and Whitney follows him around. This page was created so that our friends and family can have a glimpse into our daily lives while we're on the road. Love and miss you all!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

*BIG Smile* All Around

I am SO VERY proud of my husband. He's been pitching so well and, most importantly, improving every game. But that's not really what I'm talking about...

Sure, I am proud of his baseball accomplishments but that's not why I married him and it's not why I'm so proud.

Last night he pitched 6 innings with 4 hits and no runs. GREAT game. But afterwards, a local elementary school Jr. Beta Club came and he spoke to them afterwards. Watching him stand in front of those kids and use his platform as a baseball player to positively influence these kids' lives is what really made me proud. Seeing his eyes light up as he told them how important it was to maintain good grades and make smart life choices, etc. made my heart swell to triple it's size with pride for him.

A friend of ours (THANK YOU Henley!) and one of the teachers took pictures so when I get them, I'll post them for you to see.

He could give all of the glory of his success to himself. He definitely works his tail off, but he gives every ounce of praise to our God above and uses his job as a baseball player for the positive. He gives back what he has been given and THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is only one of the many many reasons I love my husband.

Well, that and the fact he's really, really, really, ridiculously good-looking...

No comments:

Post a Comment